Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Art On The Street 2013

This year's poster by Mariah Burton


This past weekend was Art On The Street in downtown Guelph and I'm happy to report that it went off without a hitch! I fashioned some new tent weights out of PVC piping for extra peace of mind, but luckily the weather behaved.  My biggest challenge was figuring out the table display, which usually looks like a bit of a disaster for the first hour of the show. 


Art on the Street 2013
Leading up to the sale I'm always worried that I won't have enough to show, so I frantically make new work and all standards of cleanliness and organization go out the window.

What mess?
This year I focused my energy on making new cards and wooden pins and even converted an old suitcase into a displace case for them:

DIY display
 I didn't really get much of a chance to look at other booths, but my pals Monika Hauck, Mariah Burton & Lydia Nieuwenkamp were also selling that day. 

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Cool stuff! I went to Art on the Street but somehow missed your booth. (We weren't there very long)

Anyways, glad you enjoyed the event! Will you be participating again next year?