Friday, April 20, 2007

Romancing the Royal City

GuelphGreetingCard_1

Gregory and I have recently moved to a town in southern ontario called Guelph. It's population barely exceeds 125,000 and its downtown is made up of no more than 3 blocks. That's right. I've traded my exciting big city life in for a much simpler existence and although weary of my decision at times, I'm pretty confident that it was the right thing for me to do. The decision to move came about rather suddenly and even though I was sad to let my studio in Montreal go, I've been lucky enough to find a suitable replacement located just across the river from my apartment. I will be sharing the space with a few other artists, which will prevent me from totally being cut–off from the outside world. While I'm waiting to move into the new studio and find a job, I will keep myself busy by working on some small gouache paintings at home.
All the hustle and bustle of moving kept me from applying to the Toronto Outdoor this year, but I'll probably apply for 2008. In other news, I've slowly been working on a website for Gregory's new music project. I've just added some of his newer recordings which are definitely worth a listen. Here's the link if you're interested: www.gillianwilson.ca/gregorypepper
I guess that's about it for now.
Until next time.

No comments: